The Signode GCU-NG Compression Strapping Machine
The next generation GCU NG modular compression strapping machine succeeds the proven first generation of GCU strapping machines. By using new improved, highly reliable components and materials the press is simpler, faster and even more reliable for maximised machine uptime The GCU NG press suits most customers needs to compress and secure their materials onto pallets using Signode's high performance Tenax ® PET strapping. The standard machine comes with two strapping bayonets, chutes and two MHC strapping heads.
The machine is built as standard with a heavy-duty frame, heavy-duty compression platen with variable drive, for low maintenance. Telescopic strap chutes enable high-speed, accurate strap feeding and most importantly vertical strap positioning onto the load. The MHC Modular head is for high-performance 9mm - 12mm Tenax® PET strapping.
Features and Benefits
- Maximum machine up-time due to simple MHC head feeder design
- High production throughputs - for production lines of up to 200 pallets per hour
- New materials and drive system ensure optimum efficiency and reduced Co2 footprint
- Optimised load compression allows each pallet to be compressed without being damaged
- Lower cost of ownership on the basis of easy service & low maintenance
- Accurate real time control set-up and operational control
All Signode GCU NG machines are built to order and have a vast range of of options to suit even the most bespoke of requirements. Please contact us for further details.
|Machine type||Installation Machine|
|Strapping Head||Top Mounted MHC|
|Seal Type||Friction Weld|
|Strap Tension||80 - 900N|
|Platen Speed||Approx. 160mm/s|
|Compression Levels||Up to 2,500kg|
|Strap Feed Speed||3m/s|
|Load Dimensions (Min.)||500 x 500mm|
|Load Dimensions (Max.)||2,500 x 2,500mm|
|Throughput||Up to 150pallets/ hour|
|Strapping Width||9 - 12.5mm|
|Electricity Supply||230V, 50Hz|